Forums

Unable to bulk manage

I am unable to bulk add combat records, service records, assignment records. When I go to soldiers and then click the checkboxes of who I want to add a record to it only gives me the options for 'Action_status', 'Promote Soldier', 'Demote Soldier', 'Award Soldier' & 'Delete Soldier'.

Am I missing something or has this feature not yet been implemented for combat records etc?

Thanks!

Bulk adding those items isn't currently an option from the Soldiers list. What you can do is under the Records Section select the relevant type - Combat or Service, then at the top right click on the Add Record button. From there you can bulk select soldiers to add the records. This doesn't currently work for assignments though.

• Administrators

Arthur is correct. I can add it to the soldiers list as well!

I am a little leary to create batch assignment records because there is so much that goes on under the hood, one small incorrect detail could really screw your soldiers up! But it’s definitely not out of the options! Also very rare are you assigning a member to the same unit, position, supervisor, status etc...unless you’re doing like an entire unit transfer...but even then each members position will be different so you still need to individually assign each member. 

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com

51 minutes ago, Jon Erickson said:

Arthur is correct. I can add it to the soldiers list as well!

I am a little leary to create batch assignment records because there is so much that goes on under the hood, one small incorrect detail could really screw your soldiers up! But it’s definitely not out of the options! Also very rare are you assigning a member to the same unit, position, supervisor, status etc...unless you’re doing like an entire unit transfer...but even then each members position will be different so you still need to individually assign each member. 

Adding it to the soldiers list would be awesome!

In terms of the assignment list, I take it back. I managed to have a play around on our dev environment and got it to somewhat work but then realised there was no need for it as it would be more work to batch assign etc then just do a single assign.