Forums

Uniform Autogeneration

Harry Berkley

That's pretty cool. I had created the same concept using phpImageWorkshop to automatically generate our old uniform images -> J.Erickson.jpg.493b726589fdea3e215c4cc125880cad.jpg

This was automatically generated! However we opted to not use the script, as one of our duties available to soldiers is image creation. We were taking away a whole job function in our unit, which took away opportunities to earn awards and to show dedication and participation. 

I don't know how feasible it would be for perscom to integrate something like this, as each unit would have different requirements for how their shadowbox or uniform image would look. Compare your current one to our current one.

3.png

D.Lipnitz.png.b8e2ab4a4ea6064ada41ee11fa

I do honestly like your shadowbox though, and it's simple enough that a generic perscom shadowbox could be made, with options for generic background and insignia based on service. But then again, each unit has different ranks and awards, not necessary standard US Military. 

Anyway, I'm not answering for @Jon Erickson here, just participating in the discussion ?

Oh it's good to see some conversation. I would absolutely have loved to make this for the Uniform one, but ours is marines and if I am honest, I didn't have the patience to make a 3D model, render it and then make the various things for it. I'm a php programmer, not a graphics designer.

I specifically programmed it so that it would take any rank added via the Rank system and any award added to the award system

Edited by Harry Berkley

• Administrators

While this seems like a neat addition to the suite, our intentions at this time are to create, maintain and upgrade modules that help broaden the use of our application and increases its customizability. We have several features in the works that have our priority at this time! Definitely not off the table though! Thanks for the suggestion!

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com