Forums

Trouble updating Perscom to 1.1.0

When I go to update Perscom from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 by uploading the new TAR through the AdminCP, it complains about "Table 'perscom_personnel_fields' already exists", see attached screenshot.

When I check my database, I see that the table is empty. I try to drop it and upload the new version again, but it just creates the table and shows the same error.

already_exists.png

I hacked up a workaround by deleting setup/upg_10002/upgrade.php from both the archive and from the site's docroot, repacking the TAR, and uploading the new version. The upgrade completed successfully after that.

I think maybe the upgrade.php file was creating the new tables, then the data/schema.json tried to create them again (or the other way around). I'm not familiar with IPB plugin/app development.

• Administrators

Had you already tried running the upgrade once and then tried again? 1.1.0 introduced the new database fields and it appears they were already in your DB when you tried to run the upgrade. When you upgrade, only the files in the upgrade folder of setup are run. The data/schema.json is only for fresh installs. I'll make sure to add a check in future upgrades when adding DB tables incase they already exist! Thanks and I am glad you were able to work around it!

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com