Forums

1- So i have a issue where i want to use the dark-theme however when using the dark-theme my documents also have a dark background....
and i would prefer to have dark-theme but still have my documents on a white background.

2- i would think it would be nice if the document editor can do everything you can do with Google docs editor.
create tables, water markers, headers, footers and ect.

as currently i use google documents for documents still because i cannot create documents to the same extend as i can with perscom
I added a image to showcase just some of the things id like to be able to do with the documents as currently i cannot do that level of editing with perscom.
(just a image of the first page of the document)
this is btw for the new perscom software.

Screenshot_4.png

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
United States Coast Guard
Station High Command, Station #59 Everglades, Florida
All DMOS
S-1 Personnel & Administration OIC

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 6:14 PM, Jon Erickson said:

Unfortunately at this time we are limited to the text editor that ships with Invision. You may want to reach out to them to include more features. 

I see than i shall see if they can add that 🙂
Thanks for taking the time to respond anyways.

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

On 1/22/2023 at 6:14 PM, Jon Erickson said:

Unfortunately at this time we are limited to the text editor that ships with Invision. You may want to reach out to them to include more features. 

So i have been looking into this but i currently do not have an Invision web service active (do have account) and as i have been looking i have not been able to post anything on feature suggestions.
what makes me think you must have a active service to be able to post a suggestion.

However after being told it works also on other webs community i am with decided on a other service provider than invision.

So how you reckon i should solve this?

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators

Are you referring to PERSCOM? We have two products. One that only works on Invision and one that is cloud based, available at https://perscom.io that offers widgets to display your data on any website you run. The two are completely separate and are not integrated in any way.

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com

On 1/11/2023 at 7:09 PM, Shadow Wing said:

1- So i have a issue where i want to use the dark-theme however when using the dark-theme my documents also have a dark background....
and i would prefer to have dark-theme but still have my documents on a white background.

2- i would think it would be nice if the document editor can do everything you can do with Google docs editor.
create tables, water markers, headers, footers and ect.

as currently i use google documents for documents still because i cannot create documents to the same extend as i can with perscom
I added a image to showcase just some of the things id like to be able to do with the documents as currently i cannot do that level of editing with perscom.
(just a image of the first page of the document)
this is btw for the new perscom software.

Screenshot_4.png

i was looking for this level of editing with the cloud based one atm.
also will in the end both Cloud based and the one on invision be essentially the same in functions and looks?
(but you said it was depended on invision editor)

Edited by Shadow Wing

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

33 minutes ago, Jon Erickson said:

Oh! So from the first post you were referring to PERSCOM.io? I apologize. Yes, we can absolutely look into upgrading the editor. 

ye this would be nice to have.

Also can it be to have it optional that when use dark theme that the documents still remain having a white background?
as i wish to use dark theme but do not wish to have documents also with a dark color background.

and while at it: will perscom.io in future be on looks/layout/functionality/tools be same as the invision version?
currently having some problems finding for making PAR's for example as while i am used to the older version on invision it been a while sins last used perscom.

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Shadow Wing said:

ye this would be nice to have.

Also can it be to have it optional that when use dark theme that the documents still remain having a white background?
as i wish to use dark theme but do not wish to have documents also with a dark color background.

and while at it: will perscom.io in future be on looks/layout/functionality/tools be same as the invision version?
currently having some problems finding for making PAR's for example as while i am used to the older version on invision it been a while sins last used perscom.

To create a PAR, you will need to create a new form, create the fields for the form, and assign the fields to the forms. From there you can click on the link to start a new submission for the form you just created.

Owner

On 2/5/2023 at 9:15 PM, Jon Erickson said:

To create a PAR, you will need to create a new form, create the fields for the form, and assign the fields to the forms. From there you can click on the link to start a new submission for the form you just created.

k got it albeit it being confusing because its different from old.
also will every function and tools from invision be same on cloud?
because if they are different it will lead to a lot of confusion i think.

Edited by Shadow Wing

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators

PERSCOM.io is being catered to a broader community and thus, there will be differences and terms/ideas will be broader to accomplish such goal. In this example, having generic forms allows for much broader use than specifically calling something a PAR. 

Owner

On 2/8/2023 at 4:57 AM, Jon Erickson said:

PERSCOM.io is being catered to a broader community and thus, there will be differences and terms/ideas will be broader to accomplish such goal. In this example, having generic forms allows for much broader use than specifically calling something a PAR. 

i see that is than a matter of getting used to in that case.
however will there be eventually that administrative personnel can only work sections they are assigned to (and that what is within their section)
Also can we create more than 1 roster?
(i need basically 4-6 rosters worked by each their own administrative people for my community)

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Shadow Wing said:

i see that is than a matter of getting used to in that case.
however will there be eventually that administrative personnel can only work sections they are assigned to (and that what is within their section)
Also can we create more than 1 roster?
(i need basically 4-6 rosters worked by each their own administrative people for my community)

Yep, thats what the roles and permissions section is for. Just create our own roles and assign the appropriate permissions and then assign those users to those roles. Permissions can be found at https://docs.perscom.io.

Yes, eventually.

Owner

• 1 month later...

So i have this new idea

1- that for documents add in a option that administrative personnel can forward a document towards a person (like enlistment/welcome document) and that it requires the reciever to sign it. (like a {reciever_signature} or something?)
So that when the reciever signs it it automatically sets a signature in a front pre-selected in settings. (the signature being their name in that front)

This can be used so that for those that want (like me) that in case of the welcomes document it can act as an Enlistment contract into the unit.
Meaning if they do not sign it their application gets denied on those grounds.
(my unit works with an enlistment contract for roleplay so having this would be really neat and can also be used for other purposes)

2- also make it for documents that you can set a signature for the person that did the record of it. {record_creator_signature}?
So if i do a assignment record to a person it gives my signature under it but if someone else does it than it is their signature.
and a signature of document creator. {document_creator_signature}?

3- maybe add a option that certain ranks can edit documents but that a higher up has to approve them before edit is made live towards everyone & everything.
Example: S-1 Personnel & Administration operator changes document XYZ but as he hits save it has to be approved by the S-1 Personnel & Administration OIC first before it actually changes to the changes made and that the OIC can see what was edited.

4- can it be made that when a document was given like for a promotion it does NOT update anymore after recieving it?
I had on old perscom that i gave a guy a document attached to a service record and after gave him a older one the older document also update to his current rank for example while it was given before his promotion so should have still said his old rank he had at that time.

or in a promotion paper he was promoted from Sergeant to Sergeant First Class and on document he as given for his promotion from corporal to sergeant it also said Sergeant First Class?!

5- With documents can it be made that it can be given what ranks have access to what documents to give out in the records?

example: So guy 1 can give out documents 1 till 5 but guy 2 can only give out documents 1 till 3 as its a lower rank.

6- also for a roster: can it be that besides the editor update that it would be possible to have something a bit google sheets roster like also?
I have something i use google sheets for and i find it very diffecult to find a way to make that work with roster or documents.

7- and lastly also with forms can we make like 2 or more seperate application forms? that each send the topic post of it to a different place?

Edited by Shadow Wing
  • Like 1

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• 6 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, Shadow Wing said:

So i have this new idea

1- that for documents add in a option that administrative personnel can forward a document towards a person (like enlistment/welcome document) and that it requires the receiver to sign it. (like a {reciever_signature} or something?)
So that when the receiver signs it it automatically sets a signature in a front pre-selected in settings. (the signature being their name in that front)

This can be used so that for those that want (like me) that in case of the welcomes document it can act as an Enlistment contract into the unit.
Meaning if they do not sign it their application gets denied on those grounds.
(my unit works with an enlistment contract for roleplay so having this would be really neat and can also be used for other purposes)

2- also make it for documents that you can set a signature for the person that did the record of it. {record_creator_signature}?
So if i do a assignment record to a person it gives my signature under it but if someone else does it than it is their signature.
and a signature of document creator. {document_creator_signature}?

3- maybe add a option that certain ranks can edit documents but that a higher up has to approve them before edit is made live towards everyone & everything.
Example: S-1 Personnel & Administration operator changes document XYZ but as he hits save it has to be approved by the S-1 Personnel & Administration OIC first before it actually changes to the changes made and that the OIC can see what was edited.

4- can it be made that when a document was given like for a promotion it does NOT update anymore after receiving it?
I had on old perscom that i gave a guy a document attached to a service record and after gave him a older one the older document also update to his current rank for example while it was given before his promotion so should have still said his old rank he had at that time.

or in a promotion paper he was promoted from Sergeant to Sergeant First Class and on document he as given for his promotion from corporal to sergeant it also said Sergeant First Class?!

5- With documents can it be made that it can be given what ranks have access to what documents to give out in the records?

example: So guy 1 can give out documents 1 till 5 but guy 2 can only give out documents 1 till 3 as its a lower rank.

6- also for a roster: can it be that besides the editor update that it would be possible to have something a bit google sheets roster like also?
I have something i use google sheets for and i find it very difficult to find a way to make that work with roster or documents.

7- and lastly also with forms can we make like 2 or more separate application forms? that each send the topic post of it to a different place?

So about nr.3 i was wondering if it also would be that if a S-1 Personnel & Administration operator changes a document and its first forwarded to the S-1 Personnel & Administration OIC to be proof read before can shove it to the final authority to do the approval for implementation?

So i hope to have this answered at some point.

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Shadow Wing said:

So about nr.3 i was wondering if it also would be that if a S-1 Personnel & Administration operator changes a document and its first forwarded to the S-1 Personnel & Administration OIC to be proof read before can shove it to the final authority to do the approval for implementation?

So i hope to have this answered at some point.

We’re gonna have to table that at the time being as that is a very specific request and it needs to be incorporated into a more broader approach. 

Owner