Forums

PERSCOM Reinvented: Now In The Cloud

On 1/22/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jon Erickson said:

1. I am not quite sure what you are asking. Can you rephrase?

2. We will make a way to transfer your data from PERSCOM with Invision to PERSCOM.io. 

3. No these are two separate products with completely different billing systems. Most people will choose one or the other. There won’t be a reason you need both. 

I guess the question that I’m asking is if we buy the cloud service is there a front end feature white there is when we integrate to the envision community? For example, can they see the personnel files and the enlistment center and the application from the cloud service? And then are we able to link to the cloud service website from an external site that we would have? 

• Administrators

No not at this time. The Cloud Version is a software application first, website second. The primary role of it is to manage data for your personnel. We will make ways to integrate into your website but that is not our primary mission. 

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com

With it being in the cloud now does it still require invision for time being until invision is no longer needed or will that stay that you need to have a forum service from invision?

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
United States Coast Guard
Station High Command, Station #59 Everglades, Florida
All DMOS
S-1 Personnel & Administration OIC

• Administrators

The products are two completely separate services - not connected in anyway. Our standalone product will have widgets that will allow you to embed your data in a website like Invision Power Board, Wordpress or Wix but all management will be done via the cloud dashboard. 

Owner

K so i did have a trial running is now deleted or something?

as cant access it anymore (getting a 404 organization not found)

but i could nowhere start a subscription and now it wont allow me to access either the test i had nor allows me to buy a subscription to continue with it.

and when try create a new trial to get pricing done it says i already have it (email already in use same for organization) and when pressing pricing i get again send to register for a trial....

Edited by Shadow Wing

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Shadow Wing said:

K so i did have a trial running is now deleted or something?

as cant access it anymore (getting a 404 organization not found)

but i could nowhere start a subscription and now it wont allow me to access either the test i had nor allows me to buy a subscription to continue with it.

and when try create a new trial to get pricing done it says i already have it (email already in use same for organization) and when pressing pricing i get again send to register for a trial....

We did a factory reset on all accounts and reset your domain to a application provided domain. You should have received an email with the updated account information. Please check your email or send me a PM and we’ll resend your account information.

Owner

On 1/31/2023 at 4:53 PM, Jon Erickson said:

We did a factory reset on all accounts and reset your domain to a application provided domain. You should have received an email with the updated account information. Please check your email or send me a PM and we’ll resend your account information.

I did get the Email for informing me this would happen but never recieved a email to get access again....

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• 2 weeks later...

i do have a question.
is currently while Perscom.io is being developed that the Invision version is still being maintained and updated also?
or is that abandoned?
And for Perscom.io could it maybe become a default setting available to turn on to have localization automatically turn everything into how invisions perscom is?
Meaning PAR's, MOS, and that stuff.
It would make my life so much easier and perhaps also for some others who are used to the old system also.

Besides that will from invisions perscom options for documents come back?
i am meaning the: {promotion_rank_image}, {promotion_rank}, and such?
cuss i noticed for promotion rank image is not there and think maybe some more are missing.

compared to what was on invisions perscom

Edited by Shadow Wing

CDR Carl Brown
High Command
All DMOS

• Administrators

It will be maintained but no new features will be added to it. All active development will be on PERSCOM.io. No, we will not default PERSCOM.io to how PERSCOM on Invision is. Due to the different missions of the two products. PERSCOM on invision was dedicated to the military. PERSCOM.io is not. Although allows for military based organizations to use as if it were. 

Owner

7 hours ago, Jon Erickson said:

It will be maintained but no new features will be added to it. All active development will be on PERSCOM.io. No, we will not default PERSCOM.io to how PERSCOM on Invision is. Due to the different missions of the two products. PERSCOM on invision was dedicated to the military. PERSCOM.io is not. Although allows for military based organizations to use as if it were. 

Will there be options for it to look like the invision service. I think that is why so many of  us have moved over. Thinking we would have most of the same function and front end experience as invision. Without having to pay the exorbitant amount of money to invision to have it. 

I think it would be an awesome idea to be able add features to this and make it look like the invision service. 

the ability to customize the soldier file and to add the graphics is a very nice personal experience. 

knowing that Peracom.io is for multiple platforms, maybe it could be something that are options in set up so that the user can somewhat customize what they need on the backend. 

• Administrators

No, there will be no front end with PERSCOM.io. That completely defeats the purpose of it and is reinventing the wheel. PERSCOM.io is an administrative tool first. It’s a suite of tools to track and manage personnel. If you want a front end, you need to use some other website program like Wordpress or Wix and use our widgets to display your data publicly. 

Owner

Understood. But will there be the widget options to post on Wordpress the front end personnel files like what is on invision. Mean can it look like that if we have the widget to pull it?  

mainly the idea of the personnel picture and all of the demons with combat records and such on one personnel file. 

Please don’t take this as being difficult or disrespectful. I love the structure of the product. There are some great things about it. I hope that as it builds out there could be options for different applications. As you said it is not being built just for milsim or soldier management. But the ability to add/select the  needs would be fantastic.  I think you have people jumping on the cloud from the other version hoping to get a symbolence of what the dedicated version could give. 

againg this is a great product. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, k.cavazos said:

Understood. But will there be the widget options to post on Wordpress the front end personnel files like what is on invision. Mean can it look like that if we have the widget to pull it?  

mainly the idea of the personnel picture and all of the demons with combat records and such on one personnel file. 

Yes, our intent is to have the roster widget integrate with a personnel file widget - you click on the personnel and it takes you to their personnel file within the widget. This personnel file would resemble the current personnel file in PERSCOM for Invision. This still needs to be developed. This is why the personnel file within the administrative panel looks the way it does - because its intent is not to be viewed publicly. Just by members of the organization. The personnel file within the widget would be a front facing personnel file.

Owner

• Administrators
11 hours ago, k.cavazos said:

Please don’t take this as being difficult or disrespectful. I love the structure of the product. There are some great things about it. I hope that as it builds out there could be options for different applications. As you said it is not being built just for milsim or soldier management. But the ability to add/select the  needs would be fantastic.  I think you have people jumping on the cloud from the other version hoping to get a symbolence of what the dedicated version could give. 

againg this is a great product. 

I am not - don't worry. I just want to be very clear on the mission of PERSCOM.io because it is a change from PERSCOM on Invision and I don't want users to think they will be the same. They will provide the same functionality, plus more, but take a different approach to it (IE using widgets as the frontend so that it can be integrated on any website.).

Owner

7 minutes ago, Jon Erickson said:

I am not - don't worry. I just want to be very clear on the mission of PERSCOM.io because it is a change from PERSCOM on Invision and I don't want users to think they will be the same. They will provide the same functionality, plus more, but take a different approach to it (IE using widgets as the frontend so that it can be integrated on any website.).

Absolutely. I like the approach to give the user the openness to use what platform they want. I just know that people coming over here love the front end look as well. 

With that said. I saw you posted the github for an open source. this is for people who want to help with widgets?

• Administrators
Just now, iTzHoLT said:

@Jon Erickson - this is great news! I returned today to purchase a license key for PERSCOM and saw the news.

Is there still time to participate in the beta? I'd love to contribute.

We are out of beta and into full release! You can sign up at https://perscom.io and get a 7 day free trial. We are actively releasing features and updates - almost daily as we continue to build and improve the service. 

Owner

There seems to be a problem with uploading pictures as the cover/profile picture, Tried uploading a picture for my own cover, waited about 5 minutes for the update to save and it didn't so I made a new tab to open perscom and keep the one with the update running in the background, its been about 5 hours and the update to my profile has not saved. the "update user" button just has the 3 loading dots.

Tried refreshing the page, relogged into perscom as well but this did not make any changes