Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Martin Boakes

Cloud Hosting and Perscom

Question

Hey there, new to all this hosting and perscom stuff. I just have a couple questions. First, how much of a difference does the different tiers of Perscom matter? Second, if I already own a domain will I be able to use that to host a website using your cloud service? How does all that work? 

Sorry if these questions are convoluted and not worded the best, I'm not exactly sure how to ask what I'm asking about.. haha

Thanks,

Martin

1 answer to this question

Staff

@Martin Boakes, no worries. You've come to the right place. Our cloud servers are your basic web hosting servers that have the ability to scale up and down (CPU, RAM etc.) based on demand so that your website is always fast and responsive. 

As far as the different options for cloud hosting, you'll notice that within their description, they describe how many visitors a month you project. Use that number to determine which package will be beneficial to you. Must people can get away with the Personal Cloud. Next, you have the option of your server coming with a SSD hard drive or HDD. Obviously, this contributes directly to IOPS, with SSD's performing faster than HDDs.

Lastly, PERSCOM requires a copy of Invision Power Board to run. Within our packages, we can purchase a copy on your behalf - but nonetheless, you will need a valid license key.

We are working on creating a standalone version of PERSCOM which help reduce the costs of running PERSCOM and make it not dependent on another company, but this project is still a bit out.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

• Like 1

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | [email protected]