Forums

Promoting / Re-assinging a solider removes all its secondary groups

Hi!

Every time a soldier is promoted, demoted, reassinged (or any other changed that involves a forum group change) all soldier's secondary groups are removed. This is really bad for us, because both discord and teamspeak groups and permissions are linked to our forum.  
No logs are generated so I cannot see whats happening. 

Does anyone has any idea on what could it be the problem? Or where I can find some information about this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We had the same issue on 1.3.2, and now we switched to 1.3.5 and are still having similar issues. On top of promotions/assignments, when a soldier is an administrative position and you upload a new uniform, the secondary roles get wiped.

We haven't done any promotions/assignments yet but I assume that this is still an issue then?

So just done some testing and found the following out. 

1) Promotions/Assignments creation of the records does nothing to the groups, it only takes effect when you go back into the soldiers file after you have done the assignment/promo form and click save on their profile. Its as though the Promotion and Assignment forms are not triggering the add to group function. This is only triggered when you go back into the personnel file and click save, at that point it seems to update the groups correctly.  

2) Dont seem to have any issues with Admin units, tried a test user in multiple admin units and removed units and readded and all the groups were removed and added correctly.

3) Uploading a new uniform had no effect on the groups at all.. 

4) Have an issue with some combat units saying I do not have permission to assign a soldier to their even though I have full permissions on everything.. any ideas?

We have some medals linked to secondary groups to show them on their profile. I had one of our members test and he reported the following reproducible case surrounding uniform uploads:

1. uploaded uniform to soldiers P-File.

2. checked soldiers P-File and award was removed (secondary groups were reset). 

3. reassigned secondary groups and completed step 1 and 2 again. Same issue.

• Administrators

I think here the uniform upload has nothing to do with the bug you are experiencing but rather when the users object is updated and a database transaction is executed, it triggers the update user group function. Essentially whenever a save() is called on the soldier, there uaergroups are all set based on their rank, combat unit and administrative unit. So for you, you were just noticing it when uploading the uniform. I think I may have found the issue in the administrative units. Please actively test when I release the beta. I want to make sure its right before releasing. Thanks!

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com

• Administrators
On 7/11/2020 at 10:51 AM, Ashton said:

So just done some testing and found the following out. 

1) Promotions/Assignments creation of the records does nothing to the groups, it only takes effect when you go back into the soldiers file after you have done the assignment/promo form and click save on their profile. Its as though the Promotion and Assignment forms are not triggering the add to group function. This is only triggered when you go back into the personnel file and click save, at that point it seems to update the groups correctly.  

2) Dont seem to have any issues with Admin units, tried a test user in multiple admin units and removed units and readded and all the groups were removed and added correctly.

3) Uploading a new uniform had no effect on the groups at all.. 

4) Have an issue with some combat units saying I do not have permission to assign a soldier to their even though I have full permissions on everything.. any ideas?

As for what you saw in the promotions - it is triggering the save user object as I mentioned above and messing the uaergroups. I believe the promotion/demotion/assignment functions are working as intended.

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com