Forums

Attendance Tracker

Will Reese

An Attendance Tracker feature would be great. It would replace the need for google sheets and consolidate it all into PERSCOM. It would break it down by element or unit so you can see what percent of players are absent. A nice simple checkbox for the S1 Staff in PERSCOM to check off all the attending players. Maybe have it auto-update the combat or service record too with an entry to save work. This would be a great tool for unit administration, you could tie it into promotions as well.

• 8 months later...

At the third infantry division we implemented our own attendance tracker integrated into after action reports.

You can create Operations, then link Missions (WARNORD/OPORD) to an operation, and leadership is required to write an AAR. An AAR includes the attendance. Then an attendance sheet can be created to inspect unit-wide attendance. Our next step is to integrate automated messages to the soldier's supervisor when minimum requirements aren't met.

image.thumb.png.3e5a1068b2cebc181f2b5539b3bff30d.png

image.thumb.png.7c27a39ef8a7a4180677f77ff1d5908e.png

Took a little bit to set up but PERSCOM already has all the REST API endpoints to have something like this, you just need to add a couple of databases and some javascript magic to make it work ? 

7 hours ago, J.Drake said:

At the third infantry division we implemented our own attendance tracker integrated into after action reports.

You can create Operations, then link Missions (WARNORD/OPORD) to an operation, and leadership is required to write an AAR. An AAR includes the attendance. Then an attendance sheet can be created to inspect unit-wide attendance. Our next step is to integrate automated messages to the soldier's supervisor when minimum requirements aren't met.

image.thumb.png.3e5a1068b2cebc181f2b5539b3bff30d.png

image.thumb.png.7c27a39ef8a7a4180677f77ff1d5908e.png

Took a little bit to set up but PERSCOM already has all the REST API endpoints to have something like this, you just need to add a couple of databases and some javascript magic to make it work ? 

Really like the look of that! We have been looking and developing something similar to that

@Jon Erickson a mix of databases, pages, and our custom third infantry division application that provides a couple of API endpoints. I have only been working with invision for 2-3 months now and the documentation is so poor that I couldn't really figure out how to encapsulate it all into an application.

Edited by J.Drake
  • Like 1

• Administrators

@J.Drake agreed. They are still a fairly small company. I think they really only have a hand full of developers behind the wheel and I believe they are responsible for the documentation - and we all know what happens when the developer is responsible for the documentation...my best advice is to find similar functionality in the software and read the source code. I’ve learned 5x as much as just looking at how they accomplished some tasks. 

Owner
Deschutes Design Group LLC
email | jon@deschutesdesigngroup.com