Forums

A few suggestions

Kia ora,

My community have been loving using this software over the past few Months although there are a few changes we would love to see.

American Centric Headings
While we understand that 99% of the units using this software are likely American, it would be great to be able to customise things like MOS (We don't have anything like this), "Officer in Charge/NCO in Charge" (We call them something entirely different), and Operations Center (We'd Spell it Operations Centre).

Reporting In
It would be great for reporting in to require acceptance, almost like a personal action.

Combat Records
It would be awesome if we could link combat records to the Calendar in Invision so that those who attended operations automatically get a combat recorded added. Without this, our unit finds the combat records feature too much work to implement; we'd be interested to hear what other units do for this though.

Latest Activity
It would be great if these records linked to the person they were applied to.

Hiding Tabs
We'd love to be able to hide the awards tab, as we still want to give awards to soldiers although don't want people to view them in PERSCOM. We use another Plugin to show awards on the forum so don't want it displayed twice.

Discharge Notes
It would be great if we could add discharge notes to a discharge that can only be seen internally like a note on someones record.

Thank you for all your work on this so far!

Ngā mihi nui,

Leighton

12 hours ago, Leighton Thompson said:

Kia ora,

My community have been loving using this software over the past few Months although there are a few changes we would love to see.

American Centric Headings
While we understand that 99% of the units using this software are likely American, it would be great to be able to customise things like MOS (We don't have anything like this), "Officer in Charge/NCO in Charge" (We call them something entirely different), and Operations Center (We'd Spell it Operations Centre).

Reporting In
It would be great for reporting in to require acceptance, almost like a personal action.

Combat Records
It would be awesome if we could link combat records to the Calendar in Invision so that those who attended operations automatically get a combat recorded added. Without this, our unit finds the combat records feature too much work to implement; we'd be interested to hear what other units do for this though.

Latest Activity
It would be great if these records linked to the person they were applied to.

Hiding Tabs
We'd love to be able to hide the awards tab, as we still want to give awards to soldiers although don't want people to view them in PERSCOM. We use another Plugin to show awards on the forum so don't want it displayed twice.

Discharge Notes
It would be great if we could add discharge notes to a discharge that can only be seen internally like a note on someones record.

Thank you for all your work on this so far!

Ngā mihi nui,

Leighton

Hey dude!

In terms of the 'American Centric Headings' you could technically modify the language strings within the admincp of your site for things you want to change, that would be a workaround. 

Thanks

8 hours ago, Ashton said:

Hey dude!

In terms of the 'American Centric Headings' you could technically modify the language strings within the admincp of your site for things you want to change, that would be a workaround. 

Thanks

Thanks for this suggestion; I am still learning how this platform works so I will look into that!

8 hours ago, Ignacio Pablo Duro said:

Hey! Nice suggestions! I think calendar and combat record integration is already on the roadmap.

However, I've have a question regadring "Reporting In" suggestion. Why do you think is important to be able to accept them?

The reason we want to have to accept reporting in as we only want people who are actually active in operations to be reporting in. I don't see much use to it if someone who hasn't come to an operation in 3 months can report in.

3 hours ago, Jon Erickson said:

@Leighton Thompson, are you referring to the awards menu item? If thats the case, you can just delete it from your menu manager. We don't have an "Awards tab" on a personnel file.

Thanks for that, I was! Another easy solution.